Bryan O'Rourke is an experienced CEO, strategist, investor and advisor who helps organizations and professionals realize their full potential and solve their biggest challenges.
With a track record of building teams and growing global brands, his network of associates and partners have served organizations large and small. His present focus is on fitness, wellness, health clubs, technology, innovation, finance, marketing and business development, but his expertise and consultancy extends to a number of disciplines and industries. As an executive and owner in multiple companies he is also President of the non-profit Fitness Industry Technology Council, driving innovation and collaboration the fitness space.
He is considered a leading expert on technology, consumer and business trends and his views have been published in periodicals like the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Inc. Magazine, CBI and many others. IHRSA named him one of 13 to watch in 2013. Bryan has contributed to two significant books on Innovation in the fitness sector. He delivers engaging customized keynotes and strategic working sessions and is a highly sought after speaker and facilitator who has delivered his message at industry conferences and organizational events on four continents.
Listen To Episode 002 As Bryan Uncovers
- How the role of the personal trainers is changing through technology
- Pure digital solutions and well as hybrid and how the ubiquity of data is impacting behavior change science in the industry
- How new innovations are meeting the needs of the active aging and boomers segments
- The impact of new technologies for increasing global life expectancy and reducing poverty
- “Linear thinking vs. exponential thinking”
- The 2017 FIT-C Technology Trends Report
- Sick care vs. primary prevention
- Globalization and sustainability in both education and food systems
- Structural changes needed in public policy to help facilitate growth in the industry
- Urbanization and how health clubs are changing to meet global needs
- How technology will expand human connection
- How AI, and DARPA is working with armed forces veterans with PTSD
- How technology is an extension of humanity and what’s ahead for the future
- Virtual Reality and beyond
- How technology is affecting the human condition
- The fitness growth market in China for 2017
- What is the one thing that club operators, managers, and fitness professionals must do in 2017
Top 3 Takeaways From The Show
- The one thing that club operators, owners, and fitness professionals must do in 2017 is get clear on what type of business and delivery model they really want to execute on in order to successfully ride this wave of technology and change in the industry.
- The human mind is running on old software. To succeed in the new era, we all need to adopt exponential thinking and rise above the reptilian brain.
- The landscape of the personal trainer and the delivery models of training services are changing in both pure digital and hybrid. Successful trainers, club owners, and operators need to explore the impact today for the future of fitness.
Power Quotes From Bryan
“Technology comes from humanity. It's an extension of our own biology and it is an enabler of the greatest app in the world, which is the human spirit. “ - Bryan O’Rourke, on the Fitness + Technology Podcast
“We’re about to go through a huge surge in growth and we want everyone to benefit from that so that we can benefit the world as an industry.” - Bryan O’Rourke on the Fitness + Technology Podcast
Resources Mentioned From Bryan
Support This Podcast